The Pineal Gland
(from wikipedia): “The pineal gland (also called the pineal body, epiphysis cerebri, epiphysis, conarium or the third eye) is a small endocrine gland in the vertebrate brain. It produces the serotonin derivative melatonin, a hormone that affects the modulation of wake/sleep patterns and seasonal functions. Its shape resembles a tiny pine cone (hence its name), and it is located near the centre of the brain, between the two hemispheres, tucked in a groove where the two rounded thalamic bodies join.”
This pineal gland is activated by light, and it controls the bio-rhythms of the body. It works in harmony with the hypothalamus gland which directs the body’s thirst, hunger, sexual desire and the biological clock that determines our aging process. When it awakens, one feels a pressure at the base of the brain. To activate the ‘third eye’ is to raise one’s frequency and moving into higher consciousness.
Known functions of the pineal gland:
- Serotonin – Within the pineal gland, the hormone serotonin (neurotransmitter) is acetylated and then methylated to yield melatonin. Serotonin has many important functions in the body. It directly or indirectly effects appetite, emotion, motor skills and other important bodily functions. It even looks like the serotonin effects ALL types of behavior from empathy to schizophrenia.
- Melatonin – Serotonin is a precursor to melatonin. In short, melatonin effects sleep and sleep cycles. If your pineal is calcified, it is likely to result in poor sleep or getting tired at the wrong times of day.
How the Pineal Gland Becomes Calcified
As we age and gather more toxins in our bodies, the pineal gland starts to calcify. Public enemy number one is Sodium Fluoride, which as you will appreciate, is found in most drinking water in the civilized world. It is also found in many tooth-pastes of course. Other things that lead to calcification of the Pineal Gland include:
- Caffeine (don’t forget its present in tea as well as coffee)
- Dietary hormones
- Mercury (found in most fish)
- Most processed food
- Refined sugar
How do I perform a third eye detox?
1. Stop drinking tap water. Tap water contains fluoride and has many other toxic substances.
2. DO NOT take calcium supplements. – Your cannot process them and will store them in joints and other areas of the body. If you need more calcium find it in foods. When you take in calcium naturally, you body understands it and can either use it, or push it out.
3. Stay clear of chemical products such as fluoride toothpaste and aluminum containing deodorants. If you cannot eat what you put on your body, do not use it.
4. Drink plenty of good, clean water with organic lemon. Try our lemon detox diet.
5. Add Raw Apple Cider Vinegar, and whole food vitamin C to your diet .
6. Exercise. Bikram Yoga does amazing things for your body and mind.
Please use the comment section below and give me some of your thoughts on the pineal gland detox.